|JEM Computer Systems understand that the security of your computer sytems and the information stored on them is paramount. The latest technology from JEM provides both the internal and external security required to ensure your information is protected. Our filters provide complete virus and email spam filtering across ever network or individual user as required. We can also implement secure web filtering to your network to block access to certain websites or disallow web browsing completely per user or workstation basis.
JEM Computer Systems' can provide an affordable solution to eliminating spam and viruses from your organisation. Our firewall service protects your users by providing the following protection:
Our Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall is compatible with all email servers and can be configured to tailor the needs of any corporate,small business or club environment. This firewall service is employed by many of our clients ranging from a single user with a notebook to networks with hundeds of users.
- Anti-spyware (attachments)
- Denial of Service
The use of the Internet has become a normal and powerful tool, as a useful form of technology. However businesses have identified the need to create policies in relation to its usage within the workplace. It is estimated within the workplace that between 30 – 40% of overall Internet usage is not related to the actual operations of the company. We can configure a web filter to enforce internet usage by blocking access to websites and internet applications that are not related to work activities. In addition to this it easily and completely eliminates spyware and other forms of malware from your network.
Some examples of these configurations include:
- Block applications that access the internet, including instant messaging, music services, and software update utilities
- Restricting access to job board Web sites to only the Human Resources group
- Defining separate policies for office users and reception users at a club
- Enabling compliance officers unrestricted access to the web for investigation
- Providing external instant messaging (e.g., AIM) access only to specific users or groups
- Restricting personal web browsing to non-working hours